August will be here in less than 24 hours, I can't believe it! Even though the summer heat is far from over the dawg days of summer already seem to be behind us. The Tichenor household has much to look forward in August and I can't wait to share everything in future posts! (Here's a sneak peak thanks to my dear friend MLynn)
P.S. Let me know if you won't be able to make it! Thanks!
A lot of fun has happened in July as well!
Nathan defended his Ph.D. dissertation
Dr. Tichenor started his new J-O-B!
Sarah's horses finally made the big move up here
We had visitors from Germany!
While the horses are getting used to their new homes, Aero doesn't know what to do with his new "friends"! He paces the fence just waiting for a chance to smell them or even nip at them. The chickens are also enjoying their new 1,000 lbs neighbors. We've got a little farm on our hands :)
The church we attend in CS is hosting a team from Siegburg, German (pronounce the S like a Z). For the first weekend they were in town we were their surrogate host family. We had 2 twenty-something year old guys, Manual and Sebastien, and the pastor, Ralph. The Dr. and I became fast friends with the trio. We loved hearing them speak German and get fascinated by the smallest things (drinking fountain!). We exchanged stories of Christianity and churches in the U.S. compared to Siegburg; so many difference except for having Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. One of my favorite moments was when they gave us our host gifts and I received a German cookbook (in English of course)! Though I had mentioned a few times how much I loved cooking, they had no idea when they were buying it in Germany! Manual even said "We didn't know but God did!" Thanks you guys! We will miss them but maybe a Germany trip is in our future.
Sebastien is on the left, Manual is on the right.
Right before the 8 hour drive began.
Old man was such a trooper.
-Wifey

Comments
Post a Comment