Dinner Date

Even though February 14th was over a month ago I would like to post/brag about the wonderful meal my husband prepared for us.  I guess the Dr. just didn't feel right about bragging on the blog so he's left it for me to do....some time later.

I need to make a correction to a previous post in which I stated that the hubby and I met 2 years ago on Valentine's Day. Oops. Make that 3 wonderful years. I'd love to share that story with you someday! 

This year the day of love fell on a Monday so we made plans to have our date on Sunday night. The Dr. was in charge of dinner and handled the dessert.  Oh man did he do good! We had salmon cooked on cedar with a sweet and spicy sauce. For the side he cooked up mashed sweet potatoes and butternut squash. He topped it off with our favorite sparkling white wine and some candles. I wished I could have savored it longer. Thank goodness there were leftovers :) He even cleaned the kitchen afterwards! 

I love my husband so much and thankful he puts efforts into what seems like little things such as a stay-at-home dinner date. I'm so happy I gave the man my number 3 years before that! 


  The proud chef. 

 Hey! Where's my dinner?

Hope you had an enjoyable Valentine's! Any good stories to share?

-The Wifey

Comments