Project Recap

I don't think it will ever end! One project after another and before you know it's been 3 weeks since I've blogged! Time to play catch up.

I'm so excited how the basket turned out. It's amazing what a quick coat of spray paint can do! Many blankets (and cat) have found a cozy home in it. The size is perfect and the wire design makes it feel more open and not bulky like a woven would. Our living room is looking top notch!
 
 
before

after

 



This next project is the highlight of my year! It has taken weeks and even more pain staking hours hunched over (one icy-hot patch later, relief) to finish but viola:

Meet our parson table.



He's so proud of his work!


I never want to decoupage again...

I fell in love with a similar table here: Parsons Dictionary Table. Did you see the price tag?! Holy smokes that's steep. I convinced the Dr. he could easily make this. After all he is an engineer and he completely came through for me! He even designed the thing himself! Remember the books in this post? I used the pages to create the similar decoupage look from the $400 table. Two coats of polyacrylic later and done! Such a handsome table if I do say so myself!



The final project the Dr. and I completed for this round was for our bedroom. We've been needing something on our bare wall.  I got the idea from here but went the cheap route.


I found the frames at Michael's for $9 a piece and thought of using scrapbooking paper for the design would be perfect!  Finally found some sheets that sorta matched but after a weeks in the bedroom, neither of us really liked it. I came across an idea (sorry the webpage is no longer working for this idea!), showed the Dr. and it was a hit!

Ta-da!

 Just a few simple steps to a really neat and personal art piece.

Find and paint letters.

Cut thin pieces of plywood to fit inside the frames. It's a good idea to make the wood a little smaller than the frame since it will be getting covered.

I used the fabric left over from the headboard. Perfect match. 

Staple the fabric around wood. 

Place in the frame.

Glue the letters on.

We both love how it keeps with our room's clean lines and simplicity. Oh and finally some color! 

Sorry for the long post now I'm all caught up. Hmm what project should I do next?...

-The Wifey

Comments