One of my favorite things to do with the Dr. is take road trips. I love how we can either sit in silence enjoying the scenery or have heart felt conversations. We have our designated travel roles; he's the driver (I love car napping!) and I'm the navigator (even though I can't remember left from right). We manage to get to our destination and always enjoy the memories along the way.
Our most recent road trip took us to Abilene, Texas. I still can't figure out why it's called Big Country out there but maybe it's because there is a lot of....country! There were cowboy hats and boots, farm trucks, and Texas country accents.
We managed to get in a trip to the Abilene zoo before getting dressed up for a wedding. If there is one thing that is unique to me is that I LOVE zoos. I get more excited about a zoo trip than most 7 year olds. There isn't one particular animal I'm crazy about - it's the the entire experience that makes me feel young again :) Pretty sure the Dr. and I were the only couple without any kiddos but then again, we were probably enjoying ourselves more so!
You know you're too big when you have to squeeze into the ride!
They reminded me of my dad...loooong legs!
You'd think these fish were starving the way they were snatching up the food!
This is called a Secretary Bird! Love it!
This big guy was snoozing standing up....
Their tongues can reach 20 inches!!!!
I love the turtle on the left, talk about stretching out! haha
This one is for you Melody!
The purpose for the Abilene trip was to attend a dear friend's daughter's wedding. It was beautiful! This two were glowing and so very in love. The church was amazing!
-The Wifey















Comments
Post a Comment