Falcon Lake

While visiting my family during the holidays we took a small road trip up Highway 83 to Falcon Lake. The Dr. has never ventured farther than my hometown along the border so this was a great opportunity to show him around. We saw the ferry at Los Ebanos, ate in Rio Grande City, and drove the speed limit in La Joya (or else!). The icing on the cake was Falcon Lake. I can't even remember the last time I was there so being able to visit again with the Dr. was very special.

If you're from my dad's side of the family Falcon Lake was THE place growing up. There is an RV park that several of my aunts, uncles, and Grannie and Papa had trailers in. We would stay with my grandparents almost every weekend in the summer. 

Just a few memories there....
-caught my first bass
-going jet skiing with the cousins
-smelling papa's stink bate
-setting the trout lines with papa
-catching huge catfish on said trout lines
-swinging on the blue swings
-Grannie's roses
-Chuck and Ruby's house
-Rock Island
-the hideout us cousins put together
-walking miles to dock when the lake was down
-spending the weekend with friends and their families
-being able to bring my best friend and losing her white tennis shoes while swiming
-jumping off the pontoon boat and being dared to swim under it
-Riding bikes through the park
-being so sunburned on the inside of my legs that I couldn't sleep at night (didn't say they were all good memories)


Visiting the lake brought back so many memories. One day, I hope the Dr. and I can make our own memories with our family there.




The white dot in the middle of the picture is the RV park. The lake is a little down.

I LOVE this picture. Apparently dad had the camera backwards when he tried to take a picture. :) If you know my dad it fits his personality perfectly. 

Not ready to leave but great sunset to end the trip.

-The Wifey

Comments