After the rain

Our area has recently been blessed with over 2 feet of rain since the beginning of the year (more rain in 4 months than we had all last year!!). One particular storm stationed itself over us for about 4 days and dropped a total of 7 inches. It was constant, quenching, beautiful rain.

After it was all over and the skies began to clear I grabbed my camera and headed out into the woods (cabin fever was beginning to set in).

I love nature after a good rain.

The earth smells fresh and clean. Dirt and dust have been washed away. Creatures that had been hunkered down for the storm begin to emerge. It makes me think of the beginning of creation - things are cleansed from dirt and bright with new life. 

Here are a few of the photos I was able to capture before I had to get back to reality. Praise God for rain and the beauty it brings!


 Over flowing pond.







 

 Mr. Sun!

 Neat drops of water...



This fallen tree was oozing yellow.

 It was hard not to notice this bright rock.

 Mr. Turtle enjoying a dip in the creek.

The rain uncovered quite the rock collection. 

Another mini waterfall.

-The Wifey

Comments