Grace has always been one of those characters of God that 1) I do not fully understand and 2) I suck at possessing and portraying it to others.
It boggles my mind that the Creator and God of the universe would choose to send His perfect Son to die on the Cross for MY sins so I wouldn't have to pay the penalty. As His child, He extends His grace and forgiveness to me every time I sin and screw up. I don't even have to apologize. He's already forgiven....before I've even done it in fact. He doesn't judge me, He doesn't lecture me, He forgives. He's gracious! Hallelujah!
"My grace is sufficient for you..." 1 Corinthians 12:9
I know grace is not my strong suit. I know I need to practice it. You know what they say, be careful what you pray for! Oops.
I've debated even blogging about this but after weeks of debating I came to the conclusion of "why not?!". I actually got a glimpse of how the love of God overlooks all my faults and His desire for me to be His child and spend eternity with Him cannot be lessened even by the smallest amount. He's gracious! Hallelujah!
So I prayed for my desire to extend grace to others to be strengthened. The situation presented itself. Lying, deception, desire to do their own will despite knowing the right thing to do, 2 weeks of not speaking, anger. I didn't want to see this person (and they lived in my house). I knew the truth and I knew they deliberately were not telling it to me. How could I not be angry?! After everything I've done this is how I'm repaid?! I didn't deserve this attitude. Why was being honest and truthful so hard? I wouldn't lecture at them (maybe one "I told you so") but what they did was wrong and needed to be reprimanded. Right?
Ohhhhhh. Then it hit me.
Grace.
I loved this person so despite what they did/n't say or how they acted I was supposed to forgive them and carry on.
I still had to get over my anger but the desire to call this person out and point out their wrong for the sake of drawing attention to it vanished. There is no way I could do this every day but our God does. He is gracious! Hallelujah!
-The Wifey
_2.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment