Sunsets

Now that I'm back up and blogging you will be reading lots about Camp Tichenor. We are so proud of our new home. I don't want to bore you by making you read the whole story of how we ended up with our place but it was totally a God thing. He knew our wants, desires, budget, and He had His timing. As always, what God had in store for us was beyond what we could have imagine for ourselves. We are blessed. 

One of my silent items on my home wishlist was sunsets. Sounds silly but growing up in south Texas where the land is cleared and flat you are guaranteed marvelous sunsets. Ones that give you goose bumps and make you feel like your watching God paint a canvas with pinks, oranges, reds, greens, and blues. Stunning.

Since the Dr. and I have established ourselves in the BCS area, I catch myself wishing for one of those sunsets. For me, they are like God's signatures on a piece of artwork. He has completed another day. He has been a part of every moment of each of our lives. They give me peace and excited all at once. Do you get the idea that they are kind of a big deal for me? 

After the hustle and bustle of moving quieted down and we were able to take a step back and enjoy our new home, I discovered something. 

Sunsets. 


Just in between two clusters of trees I can watch the sun set almost to the horizon. It had been a silent wish on my list but couldn't be more loudly given to me. 

Even before I discovered this view the Dr. and I had decided the site of where we would build out house. From my vantage point in the photo it will be right behind me. I will get my sunsets every day. Again, in awe of how even the smallest desires of our hearts are given to us. 

-The Wifey

Comments