While I'm waiting

For some now the Dr. and I have been in a place of serious prayer and waiting. Waiting for God's will, His plan for our lives. We wonder when things will happen and why things aren't going according to our plan.  

Our plan? Yea, like that ever works out.


This week, for the first time through this entire process I heard a still small voice. I have felt like my prayers were bouncing off the clouds or I was on mute from heaven - where was this voice coming from? Several times I had reached points of giving up, that I wasn't strong enough for this and God and picked the wrong person for the job. When was the end going to come? Then, "Not yet".

"Say again, God?"

"Not yet, my child."

"Why not yet?"

Silence.  

Simultaneously my heart quickened and soul was at peace. Confidence flooded in that my prayers had been heard and God had a plan for us (Jeremiah 29:11).  Confidence that I had not had in months.

I don't know when or how this plan will pan out but my mind isn't even concerned about that now. God isn't done working with us yet and the thought of our lives being a part of a master plan is much more exciting than the plans I had figured in my head. He wants us to have life and live in abundantly! His plan in 100 times better than what we can imagine ourselves. I want to be available for His mighty to be accomplished.

I'm sure there will still be days of confusion, hurt, sadness, anger, frustration, heartache, and who, what, when, where, about this "plan" but for now I am peaceful.

-The Wifey




Comments