I can't believe the Dr. and I have celebrated three years of wedded bliss!
Each year has brought something new, challenging, and exciting. While our relationship has gotten stronger with each other, our spiritual relationship is growing daily. So far, this third year (all 2 weeks of it) has proved to be the most challenging but I love where our walk with God is taking us. As stated in previous posts, I really have NO IDEA where God is taking us but I know it will be beyond what we could imagine for ourselves.
I'm the luckiest girl to have the Dr. by my side. He makes me laugh so hard I cry (on a daily basis, seriously), knows things about me I'm just now realizing myself, and spoils me rotten. Even though it isn't always smiley faces and sunshine, I love him more than words. I'm thankful he loves me in return because I can seriously be a handful!
So per tradition, our anniversary trip destination was unknown to me until the airport. The Dr. plans the flights, accommodations, and transportation and when we get to our destination I grab as many brochures as possibly and plan all our activities. I was hoping for east coast and fall foliage. Well the Dr. knows me well and he got it right! Asheville, North Carolina was our third anniversary destination.
I'm a small town kind of girl so I love visiting small towns. The best part about Asheville is that it's small in size but has almost everything big cities have. Delicious restaurants with talented chefs, tourists attractions, and plenty of unique-to-the-area activities.
Our sightseeing list consisted of the Biltmore Mansion, part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and Dupont State Recreational Forest. We also added in visiting (and tasting) local breweries - Asheville is beer capital USA! TONS of microbreweries! The Dr. was in heaven -, completed a zip line canopy course at Navitat, and rode on a very entertaining bus tour of Asheville called Lazoom.
Okay enough typing, time for pictures!!!
answer: Triple Falls was featured in The Last of the Mohicans and Hunger Games.
Each year has brought something new, challenging, and exciting. While our relationship has gotten stronger with each other, our spiritual relationship is growing daily. So far, this third year (all 2 weeks of it) has proved to be the most challenging but I love where our walk with God is taking us. As stated in previous posts, I really have NO IDEA where God is taking us but I know it will be beyond what we could imagine for ourselves.
I'm the luckiest girl to have the Dr. by my side. He makes me laugh so hard I cry (on a daily basis, seriously), knows things about me I'm just now realizing myself, and spoils me rotten. Even though it isn't always smiley faces and sunshine, I love him more than words. I'm thankful he loves me in return because I can seriously be a handful!
So per tradition, our anniversary trip destination was unknown to me until the airport. The Dr. plans the flights, accommodations, and transportation and when we get to our destination I grab as many brochures as possibly and plan all our activities. I was hoping for east coast and fall foliage. Well the Dr. knows me well and he got it right! Asheville, North Carolina was our third anniversary destination.
I'm a small town kind of girl so I love visiting small towns. The best part about Asheville is that it's small in size but has almost everything big cities have. Delicious restaurants with talented chefs, tourists attractions, and plenty of unique-to-the-area activities.
Our sightseeing list consisted of the Biltmore Mansion, part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and Dupont State Recreational Forest. We also added in visiting (and tasting) local breweries - Asheville is beer capital USA! TONS of microbreweries! The Dr. was in heaven -, completed a zip line canopy course at Navitat, and rode on a very entertaining bus tour of Asheville called Lazoom.
Okay enough typing, time for pictures!!!
Biltmore Mansion-no pictures allowed inside the house so this is all folks...go see it to mark it off your list but nothing too exciting. Just a MASSIVE house.
Gardens at Biltmore.
Rose garden at Biltmore. More rose breeds than I could count!
Refueling after walking and walking around the house.
On the top of the hill is Biltmore Inn ($600+/night!!!!). Antler Village is in the foreground; what used to be the diary and farmyard has grown into the winery and other touristy stuff.
My job.....
The Dr.'s job.
Let the leaf pictures begin! I apologize in advance for how many there are and it's not even close to how many are on the computer!!
Getting higher.
Copy cat.
Atop a mountain in Craggy Gardens. If you look closely you can see there the colors start on the mountains. The higher elevations had already lost most of their leaves.
This is people's view in North Carolina....why do we live in Texas??
Done and done!
Mt. Mitchell Conquered!
FAVORITE.
Fell more in love with fall...
his LEAF didn't quite do it for him though.
GORGEOUS.
I want this tree in my backyard. Whatever it was, they were bright yellow and the last to change.
Crabtree Falls. Found some guy picking country mushrooms. True story!
Hiking back up. 3 mile hike!
I wanted to stay.
Back down to lower elevations.
I want those red trees too!
Every time I see this picture I think of the movie The River Runs Through It. Seen it?
Now I can say I've seen a Western North Carolina sunset.
Zip line canopy tour!
I was totally shaking inside.
Largest line we zipped was 1,100 feet long, 250 feet high.....read that again. And you're on hanging from a harness.
The Dr. wants to return when they build their higher and longer course. He'll be zipping solo.
Yes we were twinkies. Not planned! Excited about the Lazoom bus tour!
How could we not do fall without visiting an orchard? Best apple cider donuts.
How bout them apples?
Dupont State Recreational Forest. Trail to Hooker Falls.
I just realized I have now idea why it is called "Hooker" Falls.....
Triple Falls. Okay movie buffs what TWO famous movies is this waterfall featured in??? (answer below)
Our anniversary trip is always the highlight of my year but it couldn't have been done without my lovely mom house sitting for us. The fur babies were well cared for. Thanks a bunch mom! We love you!
As always, can't wait for next year and the destination the Dr. has up his sleeve.....
-The Wifey










































Comments
Post a Comment