Since July of last year I
have been on fertility treatments to help us get pregnant. This came
after a year of "trying" but with the things we knew were going on with
me trying was more like hoping, praying, wishing. After two different
types of treatments, several tests, and even more doctor appointments I
was told "there is nothing our office can do to help you". They wanted
us to look into different options (i.e. infertility specialists) because
I was not responding to any of the treatments. Actually my numbers had
decreased since being at their office. I bawled, I was angry, I was
hurt.
Days before the nurse called me to tell me what the doctor suggested, her and I had spoken briefly. She was under the impression we could try one more round of treatment but hadn't spoken to the doctor yet. I responded to her that we won't be going forward with anymore treatments at this time. I had reached a point of peace. I clearly felt God was leading me to "pause" and let him work. Totally. No doctors, no opinions, no counting days, no stress, not a single plan of my own. I told her with such confidence that I almost didn't know who was talking for me.
I needed a plan!
She said okay and to let us know when we were ready to pick back up with having a family. That was a Thursday.
The following Monday I got the call that I was being referred to a specialist.
WHY GOD? Hadn't He and I just had a thing where I trusted Him and OBEYED the pressing on my heart that I felt so strongly was God? Or had I imagined the whole thing and wanted so badly for this whole situation to be over? I cried. We, the Dr. and I, hurt for days. We were stunned. Eventually that passed and we started talking about our options. I can't say that peace I had ever really came back. Actually, I think I forgot about it and just said "Okay, God, let's do this. What's next?"
He knew what was next. It had been there days after I was told I would not get pregnant unless we saw a specialist. He knew this:
Our God is awesome, all-knowing, all-present. I know he orchestrated every detail of this baby's beginnings. I know this life is nothing short of God's amazing power. All praise honor and glory goes to Him! By all medical accounts I should not be pregnant but here we are waiting to welcome Baby T in August 2013.
-The Wifey
Days before the nurse called me to tell me what the doctor suggested, her and I had spoken briefly. She was under the impression we could try one more round of treatment but hadn't spoken to the doctor yet. I responded to her that we won't be going forward with anymore treatments at this time. I had reached a point of peace. I clearly felt God was leading me to "pause" and let him work. Totally. No doctors, no opinions, no counting days, no stress, not a single plan of my own. I told her with such confidence that I almost didn't know who was talking for me.
I needed a plan!
She said okay and to let us know when we were ready to pick back up with having a family. That was a Thursday.
The following Monday I got the call that I was being referred to a specialist.
I. was. heartbroken.
WHY GOD? Hadn't He and I just had a thing where I trusted Him and OBEYED the pressing on my heart that I felt so strongly was God? Or had I imagined the whole thing and wanted so badly for this whole situation to be over? I cried. We, the Dr. and I, hurt for days. We were stunned. Eventually that passed and we started talking about our options. I can't say that peace I had ever really came back. Actually, I think I forgot about it and just said "Okay, God, let's do this. What's next?"
He knew what was next. It had been there days after I was told I would not get pregnant unless we saw a specialist. He knew this:
Our God is awesome, all-knowing, all-present. I know he orchestrated every detail of this baby's beginnings. I know this life is nothing short of God's amazing power. All praise honor and glory goes to Him! By all medical accounts I should not be pregnant but here we are waiting to welcome Baby T in August 2013.
-The Wifey


Same thing happened to me...got the referral to the specialist a day and a couple of days later found out I was pregnant! God is awesome!! So happy for both of you!
ReplyDelete