This month has really flown by. I have spent most the weekends this month on the road and the spent the weeks catching up on daily life.
Here I am. Week 35. Getting there. Getting close. Am I ready? Ha! Not even close. Not a single outfit washed. The baby carrier is still in the box.
Can you say work to do?
I want to blog instead.
I want to bathe my horses since they have lacked attention the past 28 days.
I want to cook a real meal for my husband.
I want to sit on my couch, not folding clothes, and watch tv.
Can I use the excuse I won't get to do this for much longer?
Right, I know. Birthing is imminent so I better get ready. We are pre-registered at the hospital. Check that off the list! Who ever said I was an over achiever never knew me as a pregnant woman. I'm not quite taking the approach that "if I don't do it the baby won't come" (hello common sense says otherwise) but I am approaching it as "don't think about it too much so you don't stress out and have an anxiety attack". What does one of those feel like anways?
The cat is licking my sweaty salty arm as I type this. He's craving attention too. He meows like a crazy thing when you ignore him. Maybe I should just let him lick. Maybe he needs the salt? Why does everyone need me all the dang time?! Okay done with that rant.
It's been blazin' hot outside. About 104 degrees of blazin hot if I am correct. I'm not going to lie, I've indulged in my fair share of frozen creamy desserts and I liked every single one of them! Take that summer heat! Oh and cold showers. After an evening of outdoor activities and garden working I want nothing more than a cold shower. Well that and a frozen creamy dessert as mentioned above. Now the Dr. can't complain that I use up all the hot water. Cause I don't use any!
Then today was beautiful! I'll take July temperatures in the low 90's and 60's at night plus little to no humidity. Well, "no" humidity for central Texas in the summer. It's probably still like 60% humidity but feels like a crisp fall day to me! I didn't want to come inside. Not only was the sunset beautiful but I just wanted to hang outside in the beautiful weather. Since my garden as almost but bit the dust (see below) I'm actually able to spend time with my horses again. Pretty sure they are LOVIN' the affection. Hope Baby T loves them too!
The garden looks pathetic. It hit this glorious peak of green, lush, and almost ripe fruit then it all went down hill. Well the Dr. forgetting to help me water it for a week didn't help either but we won't point fingers. Stink bugs have taken over the tomato plants. It's quite the site to see me pick the things while at the same time doing this avoid-the-flying-stinky-bugs-dance. I feel like someone is videoing me while I'm doing it. So embarrassing. I feel for the plants. After they have produced and ripened their fruit they slowly die. Will that happen to me after Baby T?!?! Good gosh I hope not!
Still waiting on bell peppers though....goodness now I know why colored bell peppers are so much more in the grocery store. It's like a watched bell pepper doesn't color. I promise. They have been green for months! They are just barely started to color out. Like the whole bush. At the same time. Glad them suckers freeze well!
Two things made June very busy for me. One was working VBS for my church and the other was coordinating a wedding in South Texas. Loved both activities but in the same week, it was kind of crazy. Thank goodness I had some wonderful volunteers in the 5th grade classroom that taught while I took care of all the prep work. Here are some of the crafts:
I experienced braxton hicks contractions for the first time this past weekend. The day after I mentioned to a friend I wasn't sure if and when I would get an epideral. I think God was trying to tell me something because what some women called "mild menstrual cramps" was actually Sarah curled up on the couch in the fetal position trying not to breath because everything was tensing up. Yup, I'll be drugged up for this birth - that I know for sure!
**UPDATE** Baby T has clean clothes. I washed all the laundry that needs to be done for this baby. I love the smell of Dreft laundry detergent now. It's my new favorite aroma. Smells like baby. It will smell like our baby :) Little one has some cute stuff. Even though it isn't pink or blue it's still cute as a button yellow, grey, and white. Take that gender! I'm really happy that we didn't find out boy or girl. Some don't believe us and that we are just keeping it a secret. Trust me, I couldn't keep that secret! We really don't know and I will really use it as motivation when it comes time to push.
Now to really start working on this nursery...
-The Wifey
Here I am. Week 35. Getting there. Getting close. Am I ready? Ha! Not even close. Not a single outfit washed. The baby carrier is still in the box.
Can you say work to do?
I want to blog instead.
I want to bathe my horses since they have lacked attention the past 28 days.
I want to cook a real meal for my husband.
I want to sit on my couch, not folding clothes, and watch tv.
Can I use the excuse I won't get to do this for much longer?
Great grandmas rockers
As far as we got on the nursery before....
THIS.
Right, I know. Birthing is imminent so I better get ready. We are pre-registered at the hospital. Check that off the list! Who ever said I was an over achiever never knew me as a pregnant woman. I'm not quite taking the approach that "if I don't do it the baby won't come" (hello common sense says otherwise) but I am approaching it as "don't think about it too much so you don't stress out and have an anxiety attack". What does one of those feel like anways?
The cat is licking my sweaty salty arm as I type this. He's craving attention too. He meows like a crazy thing when you ignore him. Maybe I should just let him lick. Maybe he needs the salt? Why does everyone need me all the dang time?! Okay done with that rant.
It's been blazin' hot outside. About 104 degrees of blazin hot if I am correct. I'm not going to lie, I've indulged in my fair share of frozen creamy desserts and I liked every single one of them! Take that summer heat! Oh and cold showers. After an evening of outdoor activities and garden working I want nothing more than a cold shower. Well that and a frozen creamy dessert as mentioned above. Now the Dr. can't complain that I use up all the hot water. Cause I don't use any!
Then today was beautiful! I'll take July temperatures in the low 90's and 60's at night plus little to no humidity. Well, "no" humidity for central Texas in the summer. It's probably still like 60% humidity but feels like a crisp fall day to me! I didn't want to come inside. Not only was the sunset beautiful but I just wanted to hang outside in the beautiful weather. Since my garden as almost but bit the dust (see below) I'm actually able to spend time with my horses again. Pretty sure they are LOVIN' the affection. Hope Baby T loves them too!
The garden looks pathetic. It hit this glorious peak of green, lush, and almost ripe fruit then it all went down hill. Well the Dr. forgetting to help me water it for a week didn't help either but we won't point fingers. Stink bugs have taken over the tomato plants. It's quite the site to see me pick the things while at the same time doing this avoid-the-flying-stinky-bugs-dance. I feel like someone is videoing me while I'm doing it. So embarrassing. I feel for the plants. After they have produced and ripened their fruit they slowly die. Will that happen to me after Baby T?!?! Good gosh I hope not!
Question to ask God when I get to heaven - why don't all the tomatoes change colors on the bunch at the same time? Pretty but not all ripe!
Tomatoes? Why, yes, I have a few.
Still waiting on bell peppers though....goodness now I know why colored bell peppers are so much more in the grocery store. It's like a watched bell pepper doesn't color. I promise. They have been green for months! They are just barely started to color out. Like the whole bush. At the same time. Glad them suckers freeze well!
Two things made June very busy for me. One was working VBS for my church and the other was coordinating a wedding in South Texas. Loved both activities but in the same week, it was kind of crazy. Thank goodness I had some wonderful volunteers in the 5th grade classroom that taught while I took care of all the prep work. Here are some of the crafts:
The Dr. cut out all the crosses and each child got to decorate one in any way they wanted.
Coordinating the wedding was, as always, my favorite. Even after doing this several times I still love it every time. Not only do I get to see a couple happily in love but I also get to enjoy a fun party aka the reception!
Another trip I took last month was a girls weekend to East Texas. Just us girls sitting in a pool chatting and catching up. It was perfect!
Sweet baby Parker hanging out while momma and friends play!
Notes in my lunch box from the Dr. :) Love him!
Corpus Christi yumminess.
I went to the shellac side!
I experienced braxton hicks contractions for the first time this past weekend. The day after I mentioned to a friend I wasn't sure if and when I would get an epideral. I think God was trying to tell me something because what some women called "mild menstrual cramps" was actually Sarah curled up on the couch in the fetal position trying not to breath because everything was tensing up. Yup, I'll be drugged up for this birth - that I know for sure!
**UPDATE** Baby T has clean clothes. I washed all the laundry that needs to be done for this baby. I love the smell of Dreft laundry detergent now. It's my new favorite aroma. Smells like baby. It will smell like our baby :) Little one has some cute stuff. Even though it isn't pink or blue it's still cute as a button yellow, grey, and white. Take that gender! I'm really happy that we didn't find out boy or girl. Some don't believe us and that we are just keeping it a secret. Trust me, I couldn't keep that secret! We really don't know and I will really use it as motivation when it comes time to push.
34 round bumpin weeks.
34 weeks. Trying to kiss the belly.
34 weeks.
-The Wifey













Comments
Post a Comment