Thunder Rolls



 These last few days have been damp and humid but much needed rain came. Finally. Not a tease this time.

Monday morning drive to work. Bed was calling my name.

There's something about summer storms I just love. Maybe it's the dark, billowy, almost scary clouds that roll in or the puffs of cool storm air pushed by the driving rain behind it. Maybe it's the way the rain falls hard and fast but then ends with the sun out and each rain drop glistening like glitter. My favorite is right after the storm ends and the clouds have emptied but the trees are still drip, drip, dripping from the downpour in a slow methodical way. It's relaxing. The clouds roll out and start their scary show further down the road. Yes, I do just love it. 

 Mr. Goose has the right rainy day attitude...on his usual perch of clean clothes.

It seems like I should be busy with something. Life can't be this quiet, can it? At least not before a baby, can it? Ours' is. Strangely. It's like life went back to normal. There is no baby prep just the same routine from the alarm going off to getting into bed. 

 Look who got a new frisbee and is so very protective of it. Yea, like the cat would run off with it.

It's nice and I'm enjoying it but I've caught myself talking to God more about the quiet. I want to be physically and emotionally ready for our little one but spiritually as well. We're going to be parents, after all. Just a minor change in life. Responsible for a life that should be raised in a God-fearing home but before our home can be that, we, ourselves, must be. Call it a self check of sorts. Our pastor this past Sunday really convicted me of that. With everything going on in our nation (not even going to START that list) is there anything we really can do? Yes, but it starts at home and in our hearts. We must be reconciled with God and then bold in our faith. Especially in times like now when there are all kinds of lifestyles being lived, why should be we shy about our faith? It is who we are. 

 What's left of Cafe Excel's chocolate strawberry tart. I can birth a happy woman now that I've indulged in all things yummy there.

So maybe from the outside, our life looks routine right now but I don't think our hearts are. We're anxious, excited, nervous, proud, maybe a little scared and a little overwhelmed, and at any moment we'll have a hundred thousand emotions flowing through us when we see the face of our little precious blessing.

Shade temperatures in Texas in July. Just a little warm.

Hello Mr. cutesy-whootsy elephant lamp. I do adore you so much.

Oh yes, much in like with the little booger. 

After today's doctor appointment this blessing is well on his or her way, we're just waiting for the green light.  I won't go into lovely details (you really don't need to know that but if you do, just ask :) ) but things are progressing! Trying to get this post spit out just in case it's the last before we're 3 instead of 2! 

37 weeks.

37 weeks.

37 weeks. Trying to get a shadow shot. My poor shirt can't take many more weeks....

Maybe it will storm again tomorrow. I really don't mind the humid and muggy. Maybe life might change. Maybe.

-The Wifey

Comments