Soon enough I will have more lighthearted posts of Camp Tichenor.
Promise.
I'm just in a phase. When Little Man has given me some free time I've been trying to read, do my quiet time, sit still ::GASP:: {the latter does not happen often}. These moments have let me do some thinking and pondering on my life phase. As I'm sure you could tell from a few posts ago, I'm a bit stuck on what exactly that phase looks like. In the meantime of trying to figure it out, you're just going to have to read my honest ramblings.
No matter what I'm supposed to be doing with my life {work, mom, wife, daughter...}, I need to be intentional.
"Well, duh". you may say but, frankly, I've never thought about it before. Actually putting the time and effort towards a relationship or job instead of auto pilot. Now don't get me wrong, I work at my relationships but not in the sense of me being aware of my intentions in the relationship. Knowing you're putting energy into whatever it is. For believers this also means being intentional with where Christ wants us in the relationship - what does it look like? Who is it with? Should I be doing this?
I've been asking myself how I can be intentional in my marriage,parenting Ryan, with friendships, at work? Of course I want all of it to be Christ focused but I don't want to be on autopilot. I want to know that in my daily, step by step, minute to minute activities and relationships I'm being intentional and being exactly what I should be in each of them.
Right now I'm most focused on Ryan. I can't say enough how much of a gift from God he is. Our miracle. Given to us to that we may raise him to be God fearing. Yes, he is ours but ultimately he is God's.
-The Momma
Promise.
Fall garden soon enough!
I'm just in a phase. When Little Man has given me some free time I've been trying to read, do my quiet time, sit still ::GASP:: {the latter does not happen often}. These moments have let me do some thinking and pondering on my life phase. As I'm sure you could tell from a few posts ago, I'm a bit stuck on what exactly that phase looks like. In the meantime of trying to figure it out, you're just going to have to read my honest ramblings.
Winter Rye grass. Fall is coming soon!!!!!!
No matter what I'm supposed to be doing with my life {work, mom, wife, daughter...}, I need to be intentional.
"Well, duh". you may say but, frankly, I've never thought about it before. Actually putting the time and effort towards a relationship or job instead of auto pilot. Now don't get me wrong, I work at my relationships but not in the sense of me being aware of my intentions in the relationship. Knowing you're putting energy into whatever it is. For believers this also means being intentional with where Christ wants us in the relationship - what does it look like? Who is it with? Should I be doing this?
See the deer?
I've been asking myself how I can be intentional in my marriage,parenting Ryan, with friendships, at work? Of course I want all of it to be Christ focused but I don't want to be on autopilot. I want to know that in my daily, step by step, minute to minute activities and relationships I'm being intentional and being exactly what I should be in each of them.
Right now I'm most focused on Ryan. I can't say enough how much of a gift from God he is. Our miracle. Given to us to that we may raise him to be God fearing. Yes, he is ours but ultimately he is God's.
How does God what me to treat His gift?
That. Right. There.
Sporting his new sun shade hat.
First ride in the big boy stroller! Helping with the chores.
There's no way my earthly self can fulfill this. I'm human, mistaken and flawed. Christ in and through me will guide and direct me.
Through the parenting.
The discipline.
The rules.
The girls.
The life choices.
The love I want him to know and feel from the Dr. and I.
I can't just think about these things. I have to be intentional - act - on them. As I work at this, I hope to roll this over into my marriage, friendships, and family.
If this is the one and only child we're blessed with, I don't want to look back and regret anything or wish I would have done anything different.
"Sitting up"
They were close by to watch the "sitting"
The hardest part will be to practice what I'm preaching. Certainly won't be easy but I'm looking forward to the challenge.
-The Momma









Comments
Post a Comment