These cold little plastic keys feel good under my fingers. It's been too long. Hello there.
I never plan my hiatuses {it's a word? really?}. I looked up and it was February. When did that happen?
The to do's, get this done, then get that done, and functions busied me up. At the moment I'm forgetting the monstrous amount of laundry that needs to be folded and put away in the living room. I mean, you're just going to unfold it, wear it, then wad it up in the hamper anyways. Why fold it? I'm trying to convince the Dr. that would be okay. What happened to loving being organized? Oh yeah, motherhood.
I'm not going to lie to you, I could easily sit down after Little Man is put to bed and the kitchen is clean to do a little key tapping and blog it out. But honestly, time with my honey is way more important than ya'll in the blogisphere. Sorry about that.
I sorta like the guy and spending time with him.
Confession time. If there is ONE thing I miss about working it's the time alone on my morning commute. I'm NOT a morning person but something about that drive, watching things getting started in the world, seeing the sun begin the day would stir something inside me. I just liked it. If I ever had the chance to pull over and sip coffee while watching it all I would have. I still get my alone time in the morning. After the Dr. is sent off and Little Man isn't out of the crib {but usually already up} but it's not quite the same. I'm thinking about my plan for the day, doing my devotion, my mind is busy. Maybe during the summer I'll take my coffee and head to the porch. Let the morning greet me again.
Sweet summertime. Where are you?
I'm ready to complain about the heat because I am sure tired of this winter. I know ours' is NOTHING compared to farther up north but hear me out. I'm from deep south Texas. There was a time that I would parka it up when the temperature dipped into the 40's. Truth. But with that being the high temperature these last few weeks, I'm growing used to it. Maybe only a lite sweater? Throw in a few days of 70's, rain, sleet, ice, SNOW, wintery mix {what is that really??} and you've got yourselves a wonderful cocktail for the sinuses and allergies. Goodness I've never taken more allergy meds in my life. That I'm definitely ready to be done with. Oh and the never ending snot and congestion from Little Man.
Another confession: I bought mom jeans. Flannel lined mom jeans. Do I get my lame card now? There's a perfectly good explanation behind it. First, I'm tired of the cold wind going right through my work jeans and second, mom jeans was the only style they had. Trust me, I'd rather not have a waistline up to my rib cage but if they keep your lower half toasty then beggars can't be choosers.
I came across this reality TV show that follows a family and their survival in Alaska. My question: why?! There are 50 states to live in, why that one? Does the beauty really make up for it? I'm just thinking winter 8 months out of the year is a bit much. I'm just not a winter person.
Another reason for warm weather? My garden. I'm ready to plant. Excited actually and if that makes me totally lame {again} then, YES! Since last year was my first garden at our new place I now have a better idea about everything. I won't be letting the rain run off from the barn destroy a row. I know what to plant where because of the sunshine versus shade. And I won't be letting the Dr take care of it. Ever. Did I tell you about the didn't-water-in-mid-summer debacle? Self explanatory but that won't be happening again. Plus with Little Man starting on solids, the garden will be his dinner table. So very excited!
Once spring rolls around and decides to stay it will be interesting to see what survived all these cold snaps. There are stubs and gaps in the flower bed where shrubs used to be. Of course the plants that I would like to get rid of are doing well but the ones I like, not to much. It's all pretty unattractive.
All the birdies at the feeders help make the scenery a bit prettier though. However the droves of black birds that raid all the birdseed, I'm totally over. They easily empty half of the feeders per sitting. I'm keeping the bird seed people in business!
The Dr. celebrated a birthday last week. Aside from me coming down with yet another stomach virus and his stressful work day, we celebrated. It so happened that our church had $5 babysitting so we cashed in on that and had a wonderful dinner with friends. Let me brag on those friends. They are more than that. They are our family since we don't have any close by. We've had milestones together, pregnancies, babies, tears, laughter. They are at the core of why we love living here so much.
Isn't all this info just so very enlightening? Oh goodness I'm laughing at myself. You who have read this far, you are a trooper and quite dedicated.
-The Momma





Comments
Post a Comment