It keeps things interesting

Where do I begin?

I guess let's go a few homeowners back. Camp T was once owned by a want-to-be-horse cowboy from Houston. Then some do-it-yourselfers that were, well, do it yourselfers but without the capabilities.

Bless their hearts. I'm not saying The Dr. and I know what we're doing around here 100% of the time but from what we've stumbled across from homeowners past, we are doing better.

Here are a few starter stories.

All you can do is shake your head and say "what the heck?" because really. God bless them. They tried.

Okay so enough rabbit trail. My story. I wanted to transplant the strawberry plants from the garden to a flower bed area around the house. {I've come to learn that the shade of the huge oaks works wonders on tender plants in the summer.} So just doing my digging prepping the area when I hit PVC pipe. Huh. Well I knew there were two random sprinkler heads near the bed I was working in. I found the sprinkler head and what to ya know, the line seems to lead right to it.

That's when the digging started. Curiosity killed the cat. The Dr. got involved. We couldn't stop following the pipe. Where did it go?!

Another sprinkler head. Okay. Wait, the pipe T's. Of course it would!

Follow. Curve. Another T. Through more flower bed. One good tug and The Dr. broke it.

So 30+ feet of PVC for 2 sprinkler heads. Two, people. 2!!!!

Too bad there isn't some sort of way to get water to an area without using a all that...hmm..wait a minute, a hose perhaps? What to ya know. Sheer genius. 

Best part? The broken piece was hooked up to the water line to the house. GUSHER. Hello Lowes at 8:30pm.

We currently have no water on, it's dark, The Dr. is fixing it, DQ blizzard is saving the day, and the best part? The pipe T's again and goes in a different direction!

I'm telling myself to just stop but I where does it go

The far left where the sprinklers were. Far right is where it broke on the main line.

-The momma

Comments