Let's pretend this isn't late, Hm k?
Father's Day is one of those holidays you either like or you hate. You're all into the gifts, showing appreciation and love or grumble because Hallmark is making another million bucks on sappy cards*.
I'm about in the middle of that.
*This DOES NOT include birthdays. Aside from Christmas and Thanksgiving, birthdays are the most important day of the year and Hallmark can have all my money.
I love my dad. He knows that.
The Dr. knows I love him being the father of our child.
They are amazing dads. Do they need a day devoted to it? I don't think they really care.
Let's start with my dad. I say daddy. Yes, I'm that adult who still calls "daddy". Judge - but I don't care. Even The Dr. says something about it. I'm not a daddy's girl, dad and I are not inseparable. Goodness, we couldn't be even if we tried. My dad and I are so much alike that having us in the same room for too long will cause some sort of spat just because we both love our own opinions.
Like the time we went hunting and sat in a small deer blind for hours on end. Let's chalk that experience up to, "what were we thinking?". I cherished the time but by the end of the weekend we needed a break from each other.
Everything I looked for in a husband came from my dad. My dad works HARD. If you know anything about E. Skloss is that he can do anything. Seriously, I don't know anything my dad can't fix or do. He may not be crazy about the job but he will do it. He's also incredibly generous. His love language is clearly acts of service. It's apparent by how many people call him and ask him to do this or that. The man can't say "no" either. He will do what you ask of him and it will be better than you needed. I've lost count of the times him, mom, and brother have come to Camp Tichenor just to work. They have played a major part is making this place what it is. Between dad and The Dr., we don't just make something, you build something to last the test of time. Don't just get it done. Do it right, no matter how long it takes.
Dad loves a good, cold sweet watermelon; Dr. Pepper and peanuts; kettlecorn; meat and potatoes kind of dinner; coffee and newspaper in the morning; fried chicken; fishing; hunting; desserts of all kind {coconut cream pie!!}; Sudoku; word searches/puzzles; the evening news; drives with the family; and his little dog, Zoey.
Love you, daddy.
Now, The Dr,. He's new to the daddy scene but, so far, he's acing it. I knew he would.
As Little Man shows more of his personality and demeanor, it is very obvious what is from me and what is from The Dr. There are a few things I'm bracing myself for {there will be two of them doing it!!} but most things I love that he got from his daddy and not me.
The Dr. makes Little Man laugh and squeal in ways I can't. Little Man knows when daddy is home and goes crawling to him as fast as he can. Little Man knows daddy will play with him and make him feel better even when he has been his sickest. The Dr. shows Little Man his tools and tells him all the time that "one day you can use them to help me". My heart explodes with love.
The Dr. is very attentive to my needing his help with Little Man. He is amazing at jumping in or taking over. He already is the best daddy but I see him growing in the role each day. Not only does he work hard and provide financially for our family, he is present physically and emotionally for Little Man. I wonder if he realizes that he'll be our son's hero one day? Aside from our Heavenly Father, there is no one better that I want Little Man to be like.
So here's to the dads in my life! I'll love ya'll forever!
Honorable mentions:
My mom because she's the other half to what makes my dad so wonderful.
My brother. He's dad right hand man. {Ladies, he is very much available :winkwink::}
-The momma
Father's Day is one of those holidays you either like or you hate. You're all into the gifts, showing appreciation and love or grumble because Hallmark is making another million bucks on sappy cards*.
I'm about in the middle of that.
*This DOES NOT include birthdays. Aside from Christmas and Thanksgiving, birthdays are the most important day of the year and Hallmark can have all my money.
I love my dad. He knows that.
The Dr. knows I love him being the father of our child.
They are amazing dads. Do they need a day devoted to it? I don't think they really care.
Let's start with my dad. I say daddy. Yes, I'm that adult who still calls "daddy". Judge - but I don't care. Even The Dr. says something about it. I'm not a daddy's girl, dad and I are not inseparable. Goodness, we couldn't be even if we tried. My dad and I are so much alike that having us in the same room for too long will cause some sort of spat just because we both love our own opinions.
Like the time we went hunting and sat in a small deer blind for hours on end. Let's chalk that experience up to, "what were we thinking?". I cherished the time but by the end of the weekend we needed a break from each other.
Everything I looked for in a husband came from my dad. My dad works HARD. If you know anything about E. Skloss is that he can do anything. Seriously, I don't know anything my dad can't fix or do. He may not be crazy about the job but he will do it. He's also incredibly generous. His love language is clearly acts of service. It's apparent by how many people call him and ask him to do this or that. The man can't say "no" either. He will do what you ask of him and it will be better than you needed. I've lost count of the times him, mom, and brother have come to Camp Tichenor just to work. They have played a major part is making this place what it is. Between dad and The Dr., we don't just make something, you build something to last the test of time. Don't just get it done. Do it right, no matter how long it takes.
Dad loves a good, cold sweet watermelon; Dr. Pepper and peanuts; kettlecorn; meat and potatoes kind of dinner; coffee and newspaper in the morning; fried chicken; fishing; hunting; desserts of all kind {coconut cream pie!!}; Sudoku; word searches/puzzles; the evening news; drives with the family; and his little dog, Zoey.
Love you, daddy.
Now, The Dr,. He's new to the daddy scene but, so far, he's acing it. I knew he would.
As Little Man shows more of his personality and demeanor, it is very obvious what is from me and what is from The Dr. There are a few things I'm bracing myself for {there will be two of them doing it!!} but most things I love that he got from his daddy and not me.
The Dr. makes Little Man laugh and squeal in ways I can't. Little Man knows when daddy is home and goes crawling to him as fast as he can. Little Man knows daddy will play with him and make him feel better even when he has been his sickest. The Dr. shows Little Man his tools and tells him all the time that "one day you can use them to help me". My heart explodes with love.
The Dr. is very attentive to my needing his help with Little Man. He is amazing at jumping in or taking over. He already is the best daddy but I see him growing in the role each day. Not only does he work hard and provide financially for our family, he is present physically and emotionally for Little Man. I wonder if he realizes that he'll be our son's hero one day? Aside from our Heavenly Father, there is no one better that I want Little Man to be like.
So here's to the dads in my life! I'll love ya'll forever!
Honorable mentions:
My mom because she's the other half to what makes my dad so wonderful.
My brother. He's dad right hand man. {Ladies, he is very much available :winkwink::}
-The momma






Comments
Post a Comment