FAQs

I've realized I've kept ya'll in the dark a bit. Very sorry, friend. 

How very inconsiderate of me to introduce such things as new farm animals and the garden without so much as an update in 2+ months. Quite inconsiderate. 

This girl's day IS MADE when readers ask follow up questions to posts. Seriously, it's almost better than chocolate cake and ice cream. Almost. 

Without further adieu, FAQs:

How big is your place?
Just a bit over 8 acres. There's woods, a pond, pasture, shade trees, but best of all, elbow room! 
 
Do you have any animals?
Just a few. Two horses, a dozen chickens, a dog {plus 2 friends that make random appearances}, and a cat. This does not include the raccoons, armadillo, moles, gophers, deer, stray cat, squirrels, hogs, and all sorts of feathered friends that inhabit our place. 


How is Moses?
Oh he is wonderful! He's been doing a bit of shedding so not as fluffy but still has the fluffy head and ears that just melt you with cuteness. He loves rolling in the dirt and sprawling out {and appearing dead} as he snoozes in the heat of the day. 


How does Moses get along with the other horses?
I am very impressed with my horses at how well they have accepted the little dude. My old one can get testy with him and shoo him away with a nod of the head and pinned ears. The mare is Moses' best friend, though she may not feel the same way. Where she goes, he goes - quite the shadow. I'm not sure if this has more to do with the fact that she's less testy than the old one or that she's female and Moses is male {to be addressed once his ::aheem:: accessories make an appearance}. Either way it's adorable to watch him realize he has lost site of his pals, bray, and run/skip to find them. He definitely has separation anxiety.  



How much bigger will Moses get?
It's safe to say, not much. It's not like he'll go through some growth spurt that will shoot him up 3 inches. He has maybe grown an inch since being here. I've been told his momma was a couple of inches taller than him so expect him to be about that. 


What does Little Man think of Moses?
They get along. Little Man has learned to push things away that get into his personal space when he doesn't want him to be there. That includes Moses. However, Moses sees this as an opportunity to taste Little Man's appendages and he has done just that. Twice. Fingers and toes. He doesn't do it out meanness or aggression but curiosity. There hasn't been skin broken just a bit of an indention and tears. Lesson learned, that donkey is stealth and you have to keep an eye on him. He can sneak up on Little Man's stroller very quickly.

What is the next animal Camp T will get?
I laugh. We aren't going for Noah's ark!  We have a tendency of just gaining critters rather than looking for them. I wanted a bunny for a while then ducks. The Dr. wants goats. That's plural. Goats for The Dr. is like miniature donkeys for me. Why? Good question. I should get him to write a post on his liking goats. I say, N to the O only because they aren't too bright and they get out of fences easily. I will not add goat wrangler to my resume. If anything were to find it's way onto Camp T, we would probably keep it if it didn't eat too much. Let's face it, feed is expensive and the money tree doesn't budget well for that sort of stuff.


What is growing in your garden? 
Green beans, sweet corn, okra, red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, red or new potatoes, pickling cucumbers, regular cucumbers, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, and sweet potatoes {coming soon}. 
I only grow what I can freeze aside from cucumbers and tomatoes {but I do make tomato sauce}. This year I changed up the quantity of each veggie to add more varieties. It has been an adventure! Thankfully the rains came and the varmints left. God has provided abundant harvests and my freezer is quickly filling up with blanched veggies. It's very fulfilling knowing I'm growing food for our family; it validates me in a way. 




Do you sell the veggies?
Because I added variety to the garden this year I don't have the quantity of each as in the past. Right now, I'm not selling but I do give out extras. I don't sell them because they are usually the 3rd or 4th harvest and not the best of the bunch. Still delicious! Not sure what the future holds for Camp Tichenor's Table for veggies but we always have eggs for sale!  

 
When will Little Man get a little brother or sister? 
I first got this question when Little Man was 7 months old. It wasn't even on my radar! My answer: have you seen my child sit and focus on a task for more than 5-10 seconds? No? When that changes to "yes" and it's more like 30 seconds to a minute, we'll start considering. Our Little Man is so full of energy, curiosity, and mobility that I feel like it would be an injustice to him and that sibling to share mine and The Dr.'s attention. Of course it will happen one day but not today or many many days to come. Can't rule out accidents since Little Man was a surprise himself but planning wise - not right now. 


When are you going to build a house? 
Can someone answer the question for me? Insert a bit of a whimper because not anytime soon. It's in God's hands. He knows the desires of our hearts to have a home that is big enough for our whole family and meet the needs of anyone who may need a roof over their head. He has that timeline and all the details. One day, we'll know too and it will be an amazing blessing.


 


As always, this is our way of sharing our lives and keeping you in the loop a bit more. Did I leave anything out? Ask away!

-The Momma

Comments