My Momma dearest had a milestone birthday this year.
She promised me she didn't want some big fancy ta-do of a party. Instead, time with family, her kids, and, of course, her grandson.
And if she knew I was posting this, well, she probably wouldn't be too happy about it but no party = blog post for all to read. Sounds like an equal trade off.
We organized what dates she would come up and then I started planning. What kind of daughter would I be if I didn't do something for my Momma on her birthday?! Especially a daughter that lives close to one of the most popular shows on HGTV, Magnolia Market?! I wouldn't be her favorite daughter that's for sure.
One small hiccup in the plans was Baby T2's debut and the morning sickness that piggy-backed. Instead of keeping it a secret till I was farther along, Momma got another grand-baby announcement for her birthday! She was somewhat shocked but completely excited. With the announcement made, I felt better that she would understand if some of her birthday plans were changed up due to my not feeling well.
Her birthday came and her, myself, and Little Man packed up the car for a day trip to Waco. Little Man was a great trooper with all things girly going on around him.
Magnolia Market was very cute. Smaller than I imagined but packed full of cutey-pa-tooty stuff that my house can definitely not contain for the next 10+ years.
Next on the list was lunch at The Olive Branch. We enjoyed yummy food and Momma was even able to have a gluten-free birthday cupcake! Right upstairs from the restaurant was Spice Market. It's like 100 shops all packed into one store. From clothes, jewelry, to home goods and baby items. This place had it all.
After the shopping, Little Man was getting burned out so we decided to head home. At home we spent time playing outside and loving on the birthday girl.
Celebrating continued till the next day with a meet up lunch with long time friends. Always great catching up and seeing faces. Birthday dinner was delicious and at Mom's favorite place in town.
Nothing fancy just like she requested but still fun and filled with love. Mom was even gracious enough to continue her birthday stay for a couple of weeks while I worked through morning sickness and zero energy. Little Man loved the attention and I couldn't be more appreciative of all she did for us!
P.S. Mom's birthday happens to land about 2 weeks before Mother's day and then her anniversary is 2 weeks after that. 60th Birthday and 40th wedding anniversary are some great things to celebrate within one month! Love you, Momma dearest. You're definitely an inspiration and I admire you so much! Thankful we got to celebrate together this year. Here's to another great year! Love you bunches.
-The Momma
She promised me she didn't want some big fancy ta-do of a party. Instead, time with family, her kids, and, of course, her grandson.
And if she knew I was posting this, well, she probably wouldn't be too happy about it but no party = blog post for all to read. Sounds like an equal trade off.
We organized what dates she would come up and then I started planning. What kind of daughter would I be if I didn't do something for my Momma on her birthday?! Especially a daughter that lives close to one of the most popular shows on HGTV, Magnolia Market?! I wouldn't be her favorite daughter that's for sure.
One small hiccup in the plans was Baby T2's debut and the morning sickness that piggy-backed. Instead of keeping it a secret till I was farther along, Momma got another grand-baby announcement for her birthday! She was somewhat shocked but completely excited. With the announcement made, I felt better that she would understand if some of her birthday plans were changed up due to my not feeling well.
Her birthday came and her, myself, and Little Man packed up the car for a day trip to Waco. Little Man was a great trooper with all things girly going on around him.
Magnolia Market was very cute. Smaller than I imagined but packed full of cutey-pa-tooty stuff that my house can definitely not contain for the next 10+ years.
Next on the list was lunch at The Olive Branch. We enjoyed yummy food and Momma was even able to have a gluten-free birthday cupcake! Right upstairs from the restaurant was Spice Market. It's like 100 shops all packed into one store. From clothes, jewelry, to home goods and baby items. This place had it all.
After the shopping, Little Man was getting burned out so we decided to head home. At home we spent time playing outside and loving on the birthday girl.
Celebrating continued till the next day with a meet up lunch with long time friends. Always great catching up and seeing faces. Birthday dinner was delicious and at Mom's favorite place in town.
Nothing fancy just like she requested but still fun and filled with love. Mom was even gracious enough to continue her birthday stay for a couple of weeks while I worked through morning sickness and zero energy. Little Man loved the attention and I couldn't be more appreciative of all she did for us!
P.S. Mom's birthday happens to land about 2 weeks before Mother's day and then her anniversary is 2 weeks after that. 60th Birthday and 40th wedding anniversary are some great things to celebrate within one month! Love you, Momma dearest. You're definitely an inspiration and I admire you so much! Thankful we got to celebrate together this year. Here's to another great year! Love you bunches.
-The Momma




Comments
Post a Comment