Milestone!

Thank you social media guru, "book-face", for notifying me that six years ago today was the first ever Tales of Tichenor blog post. Have ya'll really been following these ramblings for that long? 

Well, thank you! Thank you very very much :)

It's been a great ride so far! Pretty crazy how much has changed in those six trips around the sun. 

Marriage was in the works. 
The Dr. was still in school.
I was graduated and unemployed.
No Little Man. 
Certainly no Baby T2. 
Camp Tichenor wasn't even a thing. 
And I never ever thought I would be one to post life on the world wide web. 

This little corner of the internet has become pretty cozy! 

Would love to know which posts have been your favorite. Maybe, if you're really bored today {I won't tell your boss}, you'll peruse some older posts. Kinda like getting coffee together and reconnecting. 

"Remember that one time...." 

Well back to the present. I'm 23 weeks bumpin' it today. Little Man is rearing his "I'm 2 and have a will" little red flag today. And The. Dr. is meeting after meeting at work followed by meeting tonight. That's six years of change and life for ya. 

Baby and I are doing hunky dory.I'm carrying much more similarly to how I was with Little Man. Just a basketball under my shirt. Despite nerve discomfort in my hips and legs here and there, sleep is gooooood, nausea is adios, and no other real pregnancy stuff like heartburn. I'm very thankful pregnancy {at least post morning sickness} suits me. My belly size takes some getting used to but when baby kicks and moves, I do enjoy that feeling. We're just trucking along! 

P.S. Wanna start placing bets now for gender and due date???

Little Man is just that. He needs a haircut like the grass needs rain. There isn't an excursion outside that doesn't involve him with sweat dripping down his neck and forehead. Hoping to get that trimmed this weekend in time for his school pictures. I just wanted to say "school pictures". How adorable! I. Can't. Wait! His mother's day out program is doing them. Oh yeah, I'll take a packet of that cuteness. Little Man is so ready for his big boy bed. It's getting painted now and once The Dr. makes some bed rails, he's in it. Kinda of nervous about waking up to a little person staring at me in the middle of the night and not having a crib to keep him contained but we'll adjust. Praying transition goes well and he stays in bed from tuck-in to decent morning hour. 

Today has been one of those battle of the will's day. Lots of "no's" - from him and even a couple timeouts before breakfast - from me. Just taking it in strides and picking my battles. He's 2, he doesn't know what he wants. 

"Do you want milk or juice for breakfast?"
"Milk" pause "juice!"

Me handing him his sippy cup of milk at bedtime and he says, "No, no, noooooo!". So I place it on the counter and walk away because I"m not playing the "wrong cup, I want to screw the lid on" game. He walks to the counter, picks up the milk like nothing happened. I just throw my hands up. Sometimes it's funny and other times I don't even get it. He doesn't even get it. Just move on. Don't even warn me about 3 years old.......

In honor of celebrating 6 years, you get the grand prize of selfie bump pictures and adorable-ness from Little Man. 


See a little boy face?? 

 22 weeks and girl's night out!


23 weeks + lunch....making myself feel better about my size.  



-The Momma

Comments