Babies, don't grow up too fast. Stay little.
I will let my babies be as little as they want for as long as they want. I'm sure I will hear,"I can't wait till I'm grown up" and they won't understand when I tell them it really isn't that fun. Childhood is innocent, raw, and real. I will nurture these babies' innocence and attempt to protect them from anything that will steal that away.
Let them have their imagination, forts, castles, baby dolls, dress up, tea parties, sword fights, tree climbing, and hide and seek.
Let them think they are dragons, knights, princesses, queens, doctors, monkeys, and whatever creature their imaginations creates.
Why do we want to grow up so fast? Why does being an adult seem so cool?
My expectations of adulthood was really one thing: FREEDOM.
Why? I guess as a kid you're given so many rules that once you're free from that all must be good, right?
Well, reality check, freedom don't come free.
There are responsibilities, education, home ownership woes, car payments, budgets, finding a job, keeping a job, growing and keeping relationships (marriages, friendships, parenting), and the list keeps going.
I hated going to bed as a kid but I'd love the chance to be told to go to bed by a certain time every evening. Oh to sleep a full night's rest.....
Yea, adulthood is for the birds. It makes me want to curl up in a ball in the closet and weep.
It's brutal and on those days when I get over my head all I can do is pray and reach out for help. God is so good and answered my cries with sweet words from friends and a loving husband that swooped in with loving arms to hold me and pie :)
Even though those same yucky what-comes-with-adulthood things are here same as yesterday, my head is lifted higher. I don't feel like I'm drowning.
It makes me want to fight for my little's little time that much more!!
Treasure hunt fun with Nana B!
-The Momma









Comments
Post a Comment