Nature's groans


Something needs to be said of this morning. I can't get it off my mind. 

We decided to spend the day together as a family instead of our typical Sunday routine. After a delicious breakfast and silly time, the baby went down for her nap. I could feel the Lord drawing me outside. 

The morning started out crisp. The kind of crisp that makes you think of boots, scarves, pumpkins, and cinnamon. The fallen leaves even had a different crunch to them; that of seasonal dropping and maybe a glimpse at colorful foliage. Not of shedding from heat stress and lack of rain. 

I took my usual stance when talking with God, garden gloves, soil, and plants. Just me and the rest of the morning. My mind was whirring from the week's schedule. I was telling myself to get used to it and settle in. I was mentally groaning. Not from the angst of going through with it but of adjusting to the new season we're in.

As soon as the sigh of this recognition left my body I saw a perfect acorn on the rock next me. The first I had seen for the season laying precisely there to my side. Actually earlier in the week I wondered if we would even see the fruit of our great oaks since they have been under stress for the last 2 months. 

This caused me pause. I knew this is what the Lord was using to speak to me. Just as nature adjusts to stress and changes in a new season and what is to come, there is still fruit born. It may be little but someone will see it. As our Creator takes nature through it's yearly seasons - cold, shorter days, dormancy, new life, growth, heat, drought - He also does so with us. Of course our seasons appear different whether it's marriage, family, finances, or health but as we remain constant in Him we bear His fruit. We are the pinnacle of His creation and how much more beautiful are our lives!

Change of season.
Change of pace.
Change of daylight, 
No change in His grace. 


-The Momma














Comments