She's #10

Goodness I'm horrible at keeping this place updated. Not sure how mommas with more than two do it. My little side business space is even worse! One day....

But not today. Today I'm catching up with Little Lady's 10 month milestones. I'm not be lazy about updating, poor baby was sick. Her first sickness started last week on her 10th month. After a fever for over 3 days and a rash, looks like she had a herself some roseola or "slap cheek". 

Yesterday while brother {finally} napped and she wasn't, I got to snap some milestones photos. So ignore the snot streaks and leftover lunch on her face. Oh and she's not wearing pants. I took what I could get! Not sure how I even got a smile but about 5 minutes later she was D-O-N-E. 

Here goes....
-She's up to 3 teeth and 2 more just popped threw yesterday. 
-She's babbling and getting good at saying "da da da da".We're not sure if she knows she's actually saying "dada"
-Still not crawling. The many face plants she's taken when attempting to crawl have made her a little gun shy. She's able to scoot and maneuver to get where she wants to go but it's a snail's pace and she usually ends up getting frustrated before getting wherever it is she wants to go.
-She self plays like a champ. Like an awesome champ. Her favorite toys are the wooden ones like Melissa and Doug. Specifically brother's firetruck set. The little firemen fit perfectly in her hand. 
-She's into the take-in-and-out phase. The shapes sorting toy and wooden farmhouse can easily entertain her for half an hour.
-She's tough as nails. Especially after brother accidentally kicks her in the face and the mini donkey bites her hand. All in one day. Pretty sure she'll play roller derby one day. Tough!
-I love how she flails her arms and legs when she gets excited. Her mouth hangs open and her eyes light up. She may not be a big smiler but you can tell she's happy.
-She loves the outdoors. It calms her. She's perfectly content to scrunch leaves and chew on sticks while I work in the garden. Her not crawling and being super mobile comes in very handy!
-Girl needs her morning naps. If she's not back in her crib by 9, you can find her falling asleep on the floor. 
-Even if she's only napped for 45 minutes for the whole day, she still won't go to sleep until big brother does. That's around 8:45. Yeah, she's cranky!
-Food. She still loves it. She's up to eating 2 meals a day with several snacks in between. Still no foods she doesn't really like but her favorites are graham crackers and watermelon. 
-She can sigh "more" and working on "all done". 
-She's figuring out tantrums or at least what to do to get attention. Specifically if we put her in her crib and she doesn't want to nap {or is overly tired}. She's arch her back, kick her fit, and cry until she's red and sweaty. Maybe it's a second child thing. If she does that in the common spaces of the living room she's give up after about 30 seconds and find something to play with otherwise if she doesn't want to do something or be somewhere, she's let you know!
-She gives precious open mouth kisses. Love them!
-The Dr. lowered her crib because she's sitting up in it and crabbing at things. 
-She can pull herself up to her knees if she's sitting indian style but it's only for a second or two. Unlike her brother, she doesn't care much about moving around. As long as she can get to some neat toys she's content. 

I'm sure there's in plenty more I'm missing but she's does so many different things a day it kind of all blurs together! 










  
   



She found bow...


  
But wants to put it back...


-The Momma

Comments