Today’s post is a simple one in memory of my Uncle John who
past away last night.
My mother’s brother, husband to Barbara, father of two, and
grandfather to five. Friend of many.
I enjoyed his big hugs and chats about the egg industry. He was a great Santa on the back of the
volunteer fire department’s fire truck at Christmas time.
He was a fantastic cook and took every meal to the next
level with seasonings and being perfectly cooked. My Grandma, his mom, took
great delight when he would cook us all Sunday dinner at her house.
Uncle John was an avid fisherman and bird hunter. He had
fondness for Labrador Retrievers as he owned several over the years. I remember
loving on sweet new puppies at their place.
He was born in deep south Texas and was raised in the different
places and states my Grandparents traveled for work. He lived an honest hard-working
life with my Aunt in a small Texas town.
Grateful for the many memories and all the family time we
had together. Especially this past Thanksgiving; one of the best one’s I’ve
ever had.
Above all, thankful Uncle John knew and loved our Lord Jesus.
I hope he’s enjoying some wonderful fishing and catching up with Grandma and
Grandpa.
-The Momma

Comments
Post a Comment