Delight

This month has proved difficult between schedules, demands, travels, and the picking up the routine again. Rough comes to mind. When I’m sitting in the quiet of the mornings, my mind begins to amp up and the to-do list grows. I want to do the best I can doing my momma/wifey thing. This season has been a bit draining and I’ve realized I need more balance and finding delight.


The things I love, the things that bring me delight can seem foreign or selfish. I give myself various excuses about how I shouldn’t or don’t have time. Sometimes it’s okay to let go and embrace some of my loves. Those moments in my day that I refuel, have a pick me up, or just brighten my day. I’m a much happier momma and wifey when I take a moment to delight.


For instance:
Eating more chocolate candies than I probably should {when the children aren’t looking, duh!}

Buying that snack at the grocery that’s just mine to savor.

A relaxing shower and allow no one else to enter the bathroom.

A class of sweet tea with just the right amount of lemon.

Letting my kids nap/rest just a little bit longer so I can finish MY television show.

A nice glass of wine. Preferably, red. Or a fun craft beer.

Getting in a full phone call with my bestie while hiding in the closet.

Sipping an extra cup of coffee while the kiddos play NICELY together in the other room.

Zoning out and letting the children roam while I get my hands dirty in the garden or groom the horse.

Sleeping in on Saturday morning and letting The Dr. have daddy duty.

To my fellow mommas out there, I challenge you to find your delights or little loves that take you through your days. Though the days are long and years short with our kiddos, happier mommas make for happier long days.



-The Momma

Comments