Ice Ice Baby

How could I not? Yesterday there was iced glazed everywhere and a dusting of sleet/snow. The porch creaked and cracked as you walked over it from the ice between the boards. The backdoor crackled open. The dog’s bed and blanket was frozen stiff!
Were measuring 12 degrees this morning. That’s the coldest I’ve known it to be in these parts.

1. I need heated floors
2. Or I’ll take a heated toilet seat. The porcelain is CHILLY!
3. Is it summer yet?

Us Texans aren’t used to this weather, so we can’t even dress warm enough to go out and “enjoy” it. Plus, spending 10+ minutes dressing myself and the little for less than 10 minutes of play outside isn’t worth it in my book. Little Man ventured onto the porch yesterday and did a little slipping and flailing bit. In the few minutes he was out there his nose was a fountain and cheeks were rosier than Santa on Christmas.
At this point, it’s hard to imagine shorts, flip-flops, AC, popsicles, humid summer mornings, and your car seats too hot to sit on.

If this sounds a lot like whining, let me clears things up: it is. Morning chores were my responsibility today and let me tell you, it was miserable. The needle like pain and redness in my fingertips was a little concerning. All the water buckets were frozen and probably still are. Miraculously {some} of the hens are still laying!
Don’t even get me started on all the togetherness. I love my family but all 4 of us inside our teeny house gets too cozy real fast. Especially when the littles think they have to be in the same room as you all. Day. Long.
Now I’m going to sit in the sunshine on the couch and dream of summer and counting down the days till the 70 degree temps this weekend! 

-The Momma

Comments