One year ago, I was making my way south after purchasing a
plane ticket in the wee hours of the morning. What started as a simply gallbladder surgery a
week prior, ended with my dad in ICU, cardiac stress, and a long recovery.
I’ve never been so puffy eyes from crying or been more emotional
with complete strangers before. It shook our world but the only scar that
remains is the one on my dad’s tummy.
One week ago, I was making my way south to attend the memorial
services for my uncle after his battle with cancer had ended.
Though it was good seeing long lost family members and
introducing my littles to them for the first time, the circumstances were hard.
My Uncle John was a wonderful man and touched the lives of many especially
through his involvement in the fire department. What an honor to see the flag flowing
in the breeze as it hung from the ladder truck and hearing the Last Call.
January, you have not proven to be the best month. I had
choice, adult words for you.
The only thing about this month that is good is the last day
of the month, The Dr.’s birthday. Other than that, you can take your cold, emotion-filled,
what-day-is-it-because-I-can’t-remember-anymore thirty days and shove it.
February, you don’t have big shoes to fill but the whole Valentine’s
love month thing has me looking forward to you if at least for the chocolates.
A little cheering up is in order so here are some favorites from our south Texas Christmas.
The reading of Luke 2. Every year, before presents.
The "gift" the kids really enjoyed: a box and shipping peanuts!
P.S. My "every day" posting on here depends on the day. Thanks for stopping in!







Comments
Post a Comment