Playdates


When you become a mother you quickly learn it really does take a village. No matter the situation, if a momma friend swoops in alongside you, it’s like a breath of fresh air.
I am ever so grateful for the many mommy friends that are in my village. Whether we’re newer friends that met at MOPS and or are seasoned friends that are now walking in the shoes of motherhood together, I’m thankful for you.

I’m pretty honest when it comes to how a situation is making me feel or if I’m stressing out; however, I am most self-conscious when it comes to playdates. Since we live farther out, I don’t like inviting ourselves over, so they don’t have to drive. Or if friends come play I never know how the country life/dirt/small house-we-play-outside will go over.

To mommas in my village I want you to know:

Thank you for not judging my filthy house. I do clean by priority is given to children and dishes.

Looking past my still wet hair. You understand that sometimes, a shower is all you can get in.

Letting me invite myself over with banana bread in tow.

Understanding that my kids are cranky because of too many days together but what else can you do when it’s below freezing outside?

Not mentioning that my kids STILL have breakfast smeared on their faces.

Staying calm when my country life kids take your kids around the barn and get all kinds of dusty.

Letting me talk your ears off. Finally, adult conversation!


For driving all the way out.

You totally get how make-up isn’t a priority therefore I’m not wearing any for yet another day in a row.

Thanks for being my friend.

-The Momma

Comments