No, not the band.
Although many a GREAT Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights were spent belting “Don’t Stop Believin’” in the corner of our favorite hangout.
“Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere”……
She took the midnight train going anywhere”……
That’s what good memories are made of. But anywho….
That cliché, “Life is a journey” is true.
A journey is physically the act of travelling from one place to another {thank you, Webster for your insite}. A lot can be said for that metaphor in life.
Not only are we physically on a journey with getting older and all, but also in our career, relationship, families, and spiritually.
Often times when I reflect back on seasons of life or years past, I’m grateful I’m no longer that same person. I’ve grown. Changed. Whatever the struggle, made me into a different, hopefully better, person.
I’m grateful for the journeys I’ve been on. I’m most proud of the spiritual journeys I’ve been on. Not only does that tell me I’m growing in the Lord but I’m hearing Him speak to me and take control of my life. I’m definitely not proud of how stubborn or selfish I’ve been but eventually I get the point God was trying to show me.
Currently I’m in a journey of motherhood. I wrote a blog years ago, here, about the intentions I had of being a mother {a whole 2 months into it!}. Honestly, I’d forgotten I ever wrote that.
About a year ago I realized my temper had become too big of an issue to ignore any longer. I confided in a friend who helped me stay accountable, I started memorized scripture to use in moments of frustration, and I practiced healthier reactions instead of losing my cool.
In between the blog post and come-to-Jesus moment about my temper, I hated parenting. Now understand that I LOVE MOTHERING my children and all that entails but feel the total opposite in parenting. I don’t like the constant cat and mouse game of child disobeys, find the appropriate discipline. It’s overwhelming thinking about messing up could mean ruining your child. My heart is beginning to race just thinking about it.
I lifted up my concerns. Just this week that blog I posted
years ago came to the front of my mind. Then at the grocery store something
else popped out of no where with “intentions” literally on the front cover. I’m
on a journey to enjoy motherhood and embrace parenting. Both are good and sweet
in the appropriate moments. Having too much of both is unhealthy but the
perfect balance makes for good days with my littles. I’m intentionally growing
as a mom to make this journey so much better for everyone involved!
-The Momma









Comments
Post a Comment