Apparently, the day after returning from MOMCon is coined “re-entry”
day.
I’m certain this is what astronauts experience upon
returning to earth.
All the things were waiting for me when I got home. Two
little bodies with arms wide open and smiles that took over their faces. Hugs and
kisses for everyone!! Though The Dr. did a phenomenal job of being both parents
while I was away, things only mommas know to do were waiting for me when I got
home.
All the to-dos.
Re-entry day was a frenzy of returning to routine, grocery
shopping to fill the sparse cabinets and fridge shelves and avoiding contact with
my weary eyes in the mirror. I embarrassingly napped till I drooled. I don’t
even remember falling asleep. It. Was. Glorious.
Then came all the feels.
Having attended MOMCon before, I knew this one was coming. For
four days, thousands of women are together worshipping, hearing speakers put
practical life application to scripture, and missing family back home something
fierce. If you don’t have an emotional breakdown at the conference, it comes at
home. {I’m a crier so I have it at both.} the tired, the to-dos, the waning
spiritual high all snowball into a good cry. So many tears.
As a stay at home momma, this length of time away is rare,
if ever, therefore re-entry is intense. Especially combined with a Monday morning. You’re expected to be “on” when you’re really
only mentally capable of making the decision of what to eat for breakfast.
Thankfully, the sisters in Christ I attended with are right
there with me. Our group text is still
going strong as is our inside jokes. Our what happens at MOMCon, stays at MOMCon
pact is intact and no one can ever take away MomProm 2018.
All the things.
Jesus. Motherhood. Wifey. Friend. Daughter. Chances are, if
you’re a woman reading this, you are many if not all of these. We have all the
to-dos, all the feels, all the things spinning in our every moving brain. We
hold it all together when we can be falling apart inside. I hope you have your
people, your church, and most importantly, you have Jesus. I’m always up for
coffee or a play date if you need any of those!
-The Momma




Comments
Post a Comment