Just Stop


You know that lovely saying someone coined up? "When hell freezes over". Yuck. 

Well to whomever is saying it and wherever they are....

STOP IT.

Maybe you're in part of the country that isn't experiencing the winter storms or maybe you're not just very aware but IT'S BEEN REALLY REALLY cold. 

Next time go with "when pigs fly". Okay? 


From a beautiful weekend of spring and gardening and sunshine to sleet and ice and below freezing temperatures in less than 24 hours. I just laugh now because really?! Bright side? It makes for an interesting week for this stay at home momma. Makes for great use of scarfs, and jackets, and sweaters too! Oh and remember those momma jeans I said I bought? Well did I mention they are flannel lined too? 

Who's laughing now??? 

Still you, huh? Yeah, me too. They look ridiculous. 

But at least I'm warm and ridiculous. 


Little Man made another appearance at the doctor's office. If anyone is counting that's 3 times in the last 3 weeks. Better yet, for our family that's 5 times in the last 5 weeks. UGH. Poor guy has the baby version of bronchitis. Looking back I will be able to tell when he was taking antibiotics because I am three for three on doses and staining clothes. 


  
Currently what the guest bed looks like. Baby sensory project #?. I've lost count.






Trying to keep a 7 month old entertained day after day of being stuck inside makes Pinterest this momma's best friend. I've totally mastered sewing on buttons, by the way. All kinds too. Add that to my resume! HA! 


Little Man is such a social butterfly. It's not that he's attached to us and needs us - he'll go to just about anybody - but he wants us to play with him. He's even tried to recruit the dog! He's not a fan of playing on the floor either. He'd much rather be on our level. Like in his high chair or on the bed. 


He LOVES to hold our fingers and walk himself around. Then you sit him down and he's frustrated because he can't move anymore. Child, you must learn honey. You will catch me on more than one occasion rationalizing with my 7 month old that he needs to learn on his own. Of course he neither understands nor simple doesn't want to. 

Our newest word to describe him? Tenacious. So very very tenacious. Makes me that much more confident that he will do great things one day. Strong willed and tenacious make for something special.   

 



 
The verdict is in. We have 3 hens and 2 roosters in the coop. The babies finally decided to mature and let us in on their  :ahem:. You know. I know just what you're thinking too! You want two adorable roosters in your backyard! I'll be right over with them...


It's been said more than once that we love Camp Tichenor. Always will. But {there's always a but} sometimes taking care of it is hard. Specifically from the Dr.'s perspective. He's the muscle {he's a total hottie farm hand ;) }behind this operation so when it comes to that department, there's not much I can do to help. Take this past weekend for instance, spring is here, well between the arctic ice blasts, and pastures need shredding. Winter weeds need to be mowed down to give the good grass a chance to grow up and make for yummy goodness for the horses. Mowing requires a tractor and shredder. Make that a working tractor and shredder. We have neither of the latter. 


He's lost track of the hours spent on frank-en-tractor and money spent on parts that he thinks will get it back up and running. I've never seen him so frustrated. We need a new one and that costs thousandssssss. We're not good enough friends with the locals to just borrow for the season. And frank-en-tractor won't go for much if isn't working. Awww farm life. Throw us a bone will ya??

Silver lining, every hard freeze has put off shredding for so many more days but we can't wait too much longer. We're praying. God will provide. 

 
It's days like those that I ask the Dr. if he wished he lived in the city. I always love his answer. "No, because what would I do in my spare time". I really have no idea what it's like to live in town. I haven't been so close to my neighbors that you can look in their bedroom window since I was 10. I've been dirt, elbow room, sweat, and LOTS of hard work for most of my life. Things don't get done on there own my dad would say. You never said the word bored because that meant being put to work. You always fed up before going out with your friends otherwise you would have to drive home to feed and water because "you got to eat, why don't they?". Just a tad bit of responsibility. Get ready Little Man.

Oh I haven't updated on the critter. It was...............nothing! The trap came up empty every day. Just make fun of me now. In my defense there was something big enough to carry a cracker. There was plenty of evidence of whatever it was under there but it avoided the trap and high tailed it out of there. Such a lame way to end the story. Well it is better then gnashing teeth crawling up into my house but how climatic would that have been??

-The Momma

Comments