It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm finally able to sit and spit this post out.
I had the wonderful experience of attending the MOPS International Conference aka MOMCon in Louisville, Kentucky.
Two things: Huge ginormous thanks to our church, FBC Bryan, for the financial support! Second, wondering what the heck MOPS is? It stands for Mother's of Preschoolers. It's an organization for mommas of all kinds. We get together however often and enjoy each others' company and talk about all things mommy related {and sometimes not}. Not only is it a breath of fresh air to be with those is the same exact boat as you but, hello, kid free time! PERK!
Myself and two other mommas were able to go. We had a wonderful time and heard some amazing speakers. We got topics from being content with where {aka mommyhoo} God has you to sex {Yours truly attending that one ;) }. It was a total of four days and come the last day, I was pretty full of information. Had I brought my laptop, ya'll would have been in for a major blog-a-pa-looza. Seriously, probably 5 or 6 posts worth of info.
But since then, I've digested, filtered, and soaked things up. Looking forward to the MOPS year ahead and being able to put the info to practice!
There is one thing that has lingered in my thoughts that I'd like to post here: This is exactly where I'm supposed to be.
I'm approaching one year of stay at home momma. October 31st is the exact date. If you remember, it was a serious decision {well, naturally} but for many reasons. Need a refresher? Here and here. Going into this, I knew full well that God was not bringing me home and out of my work life to only be mommy. I knew and felt peace that God was taking me on a journey to grow and mature me even more. Since the conference, burdens laid on my heart, and prayers - God has made it abundantly clear that He's doing good on that calling. We're going somewhere, together.
From those previous posts, I mentioned I wanted to be intentional, have purpose with those I'm in close relationship with, and trust that God would do the navigating. I can't let the thoughts of doubts and "is what I'm doing really significant?" take care over. No. Thinking back through the past year, I've come far. So much that was surface and petty has become deep and serious. Relationship have blossomed, experiences have left lasting impressions on me, and involvement to spread the love of God has become the norm.
Of course I can still totally be selfish and want to be back at work just for the purpose of getting away from laundry and dishes but I'm coming to love this beautiful catastrophe that all mommies are in.
When you peel back the layers, remove the labels such as stay at home momma or full time working momma, and get to the heart of these precious women, we are the same.
We need to be nurtured.
Yes, husbands and life long best friends fill that need too but sometimes, a midweek get-together that puts you across the table from someone in your shoes, things just click. There have been tears, laughter, and something as simple as "today, this is where I'm at". It feeds the soul and pushes you. Tired eyes become bright. Sweet smiles fill the room. Those somber, tense moods that came into the room are replaced with those of encouragement and hope.
So until God leads me down a different path, you will find me here. Being intentional with these special women that are becoming my friends.
-The Momma
I had the wonderful experience of attending the MOPS International Conference aka MOMCon in Louisville, Kentucky.
Two things: Huge ginormous thanks to our church, FBC Bryan, for the financial support! Second, wondering what the heck MOPS is? It stands for Mother's of Preschoolers. It's an organization for mommas of all kinds. We get together however often and enjoy each others' company and talk about all things mommy related {and sometimes not}. Not only is it a breath of fresh air to be with those is the same exact boat as you but, hello, kid free time! PERK!
Myself and two other mommas were able to go. We had a wonderful time and heard some amazing speakers. We got topics from being content with where {aka mommyhoo} God has you to sex {Yours truly attending that one ;) }. It was a total of four days and come the last day, I was pretty full of information. Had I brought my laptop, ya'll would have been in for a major blog-a-pa-looza. Seriously, probably 5 or 6 posts worth of info.
But since then, I've digested, filtered, and soaked things up. Looking forward to the MOPS year ahead and being able to put the info to practice!
There is one thing that has lingered in my thoughts that I'd like to post here: This is exactly where I'm supposed to be.
I'm approaching one year of stay at home momma. October 31st is the exact date. If you remember, it was a serious decision {well, naturally} but for many reasons. Need a refresher? Here and here. Going into this, I knew full well that God was not bringing me home and out of my work life to only be mommy. I knew and felt peace that God was taking me on a journey to grow and mature me even more. Since the conference, burdens laid on my heart, and prayers - God has made it abundantly clear that He's doing good on that calling. We're going somewhere, together.
From those previous posts, I mentioned I wanted to be intentional, have purpose with those I'm in close relationship with, and trust that God would do the navigating. I can't let the thoughts of doubts and "is what I'm doing really significant?" take care over. No. Thinking back through the past year, I've come far. So much that was surface and petty has become deep and serious. Relationship have blossomed, experiences have left lasting impressions on me, and involvement to spread the love of God has become the norm.
Of course I can still totally be selfish and want to be back at work just for the purpose of getting away from laundry and dishes but I'm coming to love this beautiful catastrophe that all mommies are in.
When you peel back the layers, remove the labels such as stay at home momma or full time working momma, and get to the heart of these precious women, we are the same.
We need to be nurtured.
Yes, husbands and life long best friends fill that need too but sometimes, a midweek get-together that puts you across the table from someone in your shoes, things just click. There have been tears, laughter, and something as simple as "today, this is where I'm at". It feeds the soul and pushes you. Tired eyes become bright. Sweet smiles fill the room. Those somber, tense moods that came into the room are replaced with those of encouragement and hope.
So until God leads me down a different path, you will find me here. Being intentional with these special women that are becoming my friends.
-The Momma

.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment